Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Third Mate

Anniversary Get-Away

Sail Date: June 11, 2015

My wife and I decided to take cruise for our 1 year anniversary and wanted it to be a short get way so we went with Carnival.  Three nights was exactly what we were looking for and because the port was in Long Beach (we live in LA), no need to be concerned with cost of airfare etc.  Crusie was fun, lively entertainment and nice stateroom.  Our cabin steward was great.  Only complaint we had was dining room service - it was not nearly as good as I would have expected considering most other staff were very attentive.  One morning for breakfast, we waited at least 10 minutes before even being acknowledge but yet, there were lots of straff just sort of standing around doing nothing.  Same thing for dinner - took 10 minutes before we were offered water and another 10 minutes before warm bread arrived.  I wanted to complain but my wife talked me out of it.  IMHO, it may have been better for us to eat at the buffet...At least we would have been able to serve ourselves...

Ship was in good condition, and it was clean for the most part
There were many options to choose from and food was good for the most part, waiter service was lacking
In particular, our room steward was amazing; cant recall his name but we were in R88.
Wonderful entertainment, especially the comedian.
Wine tour was outstanding
Nice room although we didn't spend much time in it...
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Didnt do much here but wait in line
Ensenada, Mexico