Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Things Have Gotten Much Better

Sail Date: January 31, 2015

After a bad experience our first time on this cruise we wrote Carnival and they seemed to honestly address many of the issues. The ship was 100% cleaner than it was our first cruise. The staff seemed eager to please and was willing to step up and take care of anything you needed without needing to ask. Overall, this is not your luxury ship. If you are looking for a more elegant experience I'd recommend one of Carnivals sister lines. This is a fun, more party style ship. Although my wife and I found a few was to make it romantic and more elegant. If you are wanting a little romance on this party ship check out the Chef's Table. This was a spectacular addition to this ship. Once again this is a party ship and if you have done the Chef's Table on new ships this is not that but you are set in the library which is closed and you are served like no other meal you'll have and a big cruise line. Only a few spots per sailing so book it early. Overall this cruise was amazing as long as you keep in mind the type of ship it is. OH and the Serenity Deck is just that... 21 and over peaceful get away.

For an older ship they have cleaned it up over the years nicely.
I've yet to have bad food on a ship
They are pushing great customer service on this ship and the improvements show from past cruises
Everyone seems to enjoy the shows but I find the main shows average. But I come from Vegas so it's hard to compare
If you're a night owl the activities are great. Unfortunately most of the live music and adult style entertainment starts around 10-11pm
Catalina is a beautiful location and worth an exploration however you can. Ensenada is ok. you can shop for cheap and get some good street food but I haven't found an excursion worth the money
Catalina Island, California
We grabbed a golf cart and explored the island on our own. This was a great way to explore. The locals are friendly and the island is beautiful. Get away from the Main Avalon area to get a more local taste of what the island has to offer.
Ensenada, Mexico
Not a ton to do but if you want to shop cheap and eat good street food its good. Don't buy from the kids. Locals ask you not to so they go back to school

If you want some alone time in the serenity deck grab your suits and enjoy a relaxing hot tub during one of the main dinner seating's.