Booked this last minute - definitely worth the value

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Captain

3 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 02, 2014
Ship: Carnival Imagination

I found a great deal on cruiseline.com for less than $50 per night so I booked this the week before it sailed.

At that price, I more than got my money's worth - the food was good, entertainment was entertaining, and the amenities were as expected, if not slightly better.

The ship is obviously one of Carnival's oldest, but it's been kept in good condition and was clean and big enough for a quick sailing.  I'd sail it again in the future.

I had a couple really great meals an only one that I didn't prefer. I sent it back and they happily brought me out a couple lobsters.

The Piano Bar is fun at night. The Serenity area is great for avoiding the annoying games and stuff held at the pool. I also spent a lot of time in the casino, which could have been a lot funner had I ever won.

I only saw the comedy show - the comic was pretty funny.

Staff is very friendly, particularly the dining room and room attendant staff.

It's an older ship, but kept in good condition and big enough for a quick, three-day trip.

The cabin was larger than expected and clean. A foul smell (common on the lower decks) was barely noticed throughout the three days.

The Serenity area is tough to find - it's at the very rear of the ship and can be accessed through the back of the buffet area, then going down two floors. It's a great hideout from loud kids and the annoying pool games, during which the announcer is screaming in a piercing voice.

Long Beach is actually a beautiful port to leave from. Compared to San Pedro, which is about five miles away (I know because I accidentally went there first), it's probably 10x more scenic.
There's nothing to do in Ensenada. It needs some serious love.