Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

It is was a great cruise for first timers

Sail Date: April 06, 2014

Cabin: GUAR

It was our first time cruising so we didn't know what to expect. My main concern was the motion of the boat since I get motion sickness easily but it was not an issue during the trip. Our stateroom was at the front of the ship and the swaying was noticeable only the last night we were cruising back to Long Beach as we were sailing rather quickly.

The accomodations were larger than I had expected. We had an inside stateroom with no window but it was a large room and had so much closet space. It was perfect for two people. I would not recommend more than 2 people for a stateroom. The king size bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was small but adequate. You don't really spend a lot of time in your room either way.

The activities were fun but there weren't many activities during our day at sea which was disappointing since you are on the ship the whole day. The morning and afternoon were a bit boring during our day at sea and the jacuzzi and pools were teeming with kids. The adults only serenity deck was full because everyone was trying to get away from the kids. Our activities highlights included: The George Lopez comedy shows (both comedians killed), the Hasbro Game Show, Bingo, Lovers game show, Hairy chest contest. The Mexican Fiesta night was lacking energy but I suspect it's because everyone was sober. You can only gamble in the Casino when in international waters so the first and second night we weren't allowed to gamble. George, the cruise director, is a riot as well as the australian gentlement, I forget his name.

The food was great, especially breakfast in the Lido buffet but their desserts were not good. Their desserts were lacking in taste and I was dying for some cheesecake or chocolate cake but they did not offer either. The Taste Bar has some really good treats and the Deck Grill was good for some lunch, burgers, fries, hardshell tacos, nachos etc. I would definitely recommend to always eat (at least dinner) in the Pride dinning room as the quality of the food is much better and the waiters are amazing and so nice. You can try just about anything on the menu and they'll bring it out for you. We did not have one meal we did not like in the Pride dining room and we were adventurous enough to try the escargot and frog legs. I think we sampled just about everything since the portions are small you can split 2-3 entrees, appetizers and deserts between two people and be satisfied.

We had a great time in Catalina kayaking and even had seals and dolphins swim next to us which was awesome. In Ensenada we booked our excursions through outside parties and went zip lining, took a trip to go see La Bufadora or "blowhole" and did a lot of shopping, eating, and drinking. If you like drinking alcoholic beverages I recommend drinking off the boat as you will get way more bang for your buck than on the ship. On the ship beers were about $4-6 and cocktails $7-9 not including the 15% tip that is added to your order. Ensenada is a party town so take advantage of their $1-2 beers, $2 tequila shots, $4 margaritas specials at just about any bar/restaurant you go to.

You could tell she had some miles on her but she's an elegant and clean ship.
Food and Dining Desserts on the Lido deck need upgrading
The staff was amazing, friendly, helpful, professional, just outstanding service.
The entertainment like the comedians and musical acts were on point!
The day/afternoon activities need to be more interesting.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Hard to find
Catalina Island, California
Getting on and off the cruise ship is a breeze.
Ensenada, Mexico
Going through security twice kinda sucks.

The front of the ship at night when at port is very romantic!! Breakfast in the Lido deck is fast, easy and delicious. Get to the comedy shows at least 20 minutes ahead of time they reach full capacity quickly. Try and catch all the night time entertainment and activities they do not disappoint.

1 Comment