Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A fun getaway at a great price

Sail Date: January 31, 2011

My overall impression was that for the price I paid, I got an excellent getaway with great food. If you are going on the cruise of a lifetime, I would skip this ship, as it is a little more dated and tired in terms of decor. However if you're looking for great value, a fun getaway, and a relaxing vacation - this is good value for money.

Pros: Great food, fun entertainment, good stateroom service.

Cons: The Carnival Imagination ship looks a little tired.

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

Carnival Imagination was a clean ship. But the decor, with bright red and blue rope lighting in the grand lobby, the brass and gold accents everywhere, and the neon bubbles lighting the buffet dining room, the ship looks a little tired. Wall finishes and decorations show wear and tear from years of travelers. Perhaps high style in the early 90's? I noticed alot of lighting and fixtures were burned out. You can tell they've given up on the upkeep until this ship gets remodeled.
Clean, modern appointments as compared to other ships I have been on. Flat panel TV, plenty of storage for luggage, and comfortable bedding an pillows. However, only ONE electrical outlet per stateroom, so if you plan on charging phones, laptops and ipods, bring a power strip.
Our beds were made twice per day, clean fresh towels, and helpful smiling staff. I was pleased.
Despite the genric titles of their shows, MAKE SURE you go to at least one musical or show on the ship. They put a lot of effort into them, and considering they are included at no extra charge, "Living in America' and "Showtime" were lively, entertaining memories.
The food was much better than I was expecting. We ate mostly at the buffets, were you will find 24 hour pizza and sandwiches, and a varietly of daily menu selections during dining hours. Expect better quality, more flavorful food than you would have at a chain buffet on land. Save room for dessert at each meal, the dessserts are top notch!
Cozumel was great, there is so much to do, shopping, excursions, exploring - you'll want to come back again.
Don't Miss: If you like photography, and want to see beautiful historical myan ruins and ocean front, visit Tulum.
Key West, Florida
Key west, was a fill in to make this a two port sailing. None the less, it's quaint and lively resort town.
Don't Miss: Save your excursion money and spend it at the other port.