Do not book this cruise...when I got home and reviewed my bank account statement there was 6 charges that totaled $3002.93 that were my Carnival charges. I tried to call Carnival and they were closed for a meeting.

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Horizon

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 20, 2019

Ship: Carnival Horizon

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 7255

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Very very frustrated that there is over $3000 of charges that are not mine and billed to my cabin number. I now have to figure out to get these charges removed.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Same food every day and you have to pay for all your drinks unless you want unsweetened tea and tap water. Also there are many restaurants you have to pay for.

Activities are great but the pool are not enough to accommodate the amount of people on board.

Good shows

Most of the staff were excellent and went above and beyond. Just a few that need some customer service skills.

Did NOT like that you had to walk through smoking area (casino) to get to dinner.

Our cabin was great and very clean.

Ship tip

Bring lots of money. Carnival likes to push sales the whole time you are on the cruise.

Ports of call

San Juan, Puerto Rico

We took a tour of the island and would highly recommend.

Disembarkation

Long process to disembark.