Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Enjoyed, but for families, not couples

Sail Date: July 26, 2012

The ship was nice. Some of it looked updated and some parts looked old. As a first cruise I enjoyed it and thought the layout of the ship was appropriate for the most part.

Pros: Halixfax was fun as was the caves in St Martin

Cons: The pools were very small and the kids controlled everything. St John

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

This being my first cruise I was a little shocked that the room stewards clean your room twice a day (sometimes more). They are constantly mopping the outdoor decks and I never saw an overflowing trash receptacle. After a couple of days we finally figured out what floors everything was on and could find our way around easily.
I thought the food was good for the most part. We chose anytime dining which worked out great as we ate dinner at all different times. The restaurant food was very good. The buffet food was pretty good as well, however, the buffet stations are not open long enough and they only used 1 or 2 of the 4-6 stations for the most part. The burrito bar always had a line down the hall so I never actually got to try it.the pizza bar was mediocre at best. The deli staff did not know what a grilled cheese sandwich consisted of (multiple cooks). I probably gained atleast 5lbs.
Our stateroom was bigger than we expected based off of the pictures online. Granted it was still small, but we were glad that we had ample closet space and a decent bathroom. As our first cruise we didn't really know what to expect for a room so we were pleasantly surprised.
The stewards and restaurant staff were exceptional. Upon me asking, they did say that they almost never slept and were overworked, but they always had a smile on and always were joking around and making us laugh. The pizza station workers seemed bothered to helped people and were somewhat rude. The buffet staff were like drones just going through the motions and not interacting with anyone (which I am ok with).
We enjoyed all of the shows and activities on and offboard the ship (except St John, save your money, there is nothing to see). There was something wrong with the ship one of the days where the aft was vibrating quite a bit so to stabalize the boat they had to slow way down which got us to Halifax an hour later than scheduled.