Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Carnival Glory "Disappointing"

Sail Date: September 24, 2011

This ship itself was just "okay". I thought it was pretty poor compared to the other 30+ cruises I have been on with various other lines. I must say I had stayed away from Carnival for 20+ years because of poor experiences back then, and I have to admit, it will be at least 20+ more years before I ever consider booking with them ever again.

Pros: Getting Off The Ship

Cons: Low Quality Service All Around

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

The only saving grace to this whole trip was the food in the speciality Emerald restaruant, which of course you have to pay 30 bucks a pop to get. But even then, the people who assisted and described their foods did it so fast, we had to ask them to repeat the stuff several times. They just wanted to rush you through your meal. The other food in the dining rooms and buffets were disapointing to say the least.
Staterooms are way too small. They will cram 4 people in a stateroom that should only have 2. I have been on other lines with 4 to a cabin and NEVER have seen anything like this. Was clean enough, although dated.
Lame, same old stuff, tired costumes, NOTHING new.
NO ONE and I mean NO ONE went above and beyond. In fact we had tours cancelled and not told until we got on the ship. This left us stranded with no way to get from the ship back to the airport. Their solution...we can give you a free phone call to make arrangements etc. I can do that with my own cell phone. So instead, I had to use my own internet time at .40 cents a minute to make alternate arrangements as they wouldn't even comp me some internet time to make other arrangements.

Most of the other staff looked bored and like they couldn't care that you were their guests. Dining room staff was the same, they tried but failed.
Again, the ship was okay. The ship was clean enough, just seemed to be layed out really bad.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Halifax was nice, did a 7 hour tour here which was okay. Thought they had their timing a bit off though. WOuld have been better to spend more time at some places, and less time at other etc. But I'm sure that's a personal preference etc.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Just did a walking/city tour here, was nice, saw some sites, typical for the area.
Portland, Maine
Portland was okay. Pretty much a lobster fishing village as to be expected.
Boston, Massachusetts
BOSTON was amazing. Was so impressed at how clean the city was, or at least the parts that we saw.