A Wonderful Short Canada Cruise

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Sail Date: August 01, 2011
Ship: Carnival Glory
The overall cleanliness and condition of the ship's furniture was below to mid-average. In certain areas, I noticed worn, chipped furniture, dirty, dusty, and stained chair/seat cushions. Some plates and glasses were not washed to perfection. The food options were average; some better than others. Nothing out of this world though. I did notice that the entire Carnival ship staff and crew work EXTREMELY hard to make the best out of the experience. The food staff, entertainment staff, Ship's Captain and crew made up for noted areas of concern. I noticed that the food service staff were understaffed and overworked. Upper corporate management at Carnival should look into this. I actually felt sorry for our waiters and bus boys who were working so darn hard! They were the highlight of the cruise making my experience a really nice memorable one despite the external ship conditions which are out of their control.

Don't know if I'll cruise Carnival again. I'm considering Royal Caribbean or Princess Cruises next time.

Visit the Bay of Fundy for sure! We chose the calm boat ride on the Bay of Fundy followed by the City Trolley Tour combo excursion booked before the cruise via the Carnival website. The trip escorts were wonderful and knowledgeable about Saint John. Next time, I think I'll purchase the 6.5 hour Ten Top Things to See in Saint John excursion as there wasn't much more to do or see once my 2.5 hour excursion was over. The Canadians were very friendly and welcoming! Saint John is beautiful and a place that nature lovers will enjoy. The Bay of Fundy is a natural wonder.
Don't Miss: Boat trip on the Bay of Fundy and the City Trolley Tour. Also, consider an excursion that takes you deeper to explore the Bay of Fundy outside of the immediate portion of the Bay near the ship dock.

Pros: Being out at sea and the view from our Private Balcony

Cons: The turbulence of the sea; some common areas of the ship were not as tidy as expected

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!