Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Mediocre cruise

Sail Date: June 27, 2011

The ship overall, did not have the usual extreme friendliness that one comes to expect with a ships crew, although the dining room and cabin steward were great as always. The ship itself was not attractive to me in any way. Didn't care for the decor at all. Much preferred some of your other ships. Entertainment was so-so. The itinerary was poor because the weather in the N. Atlantic is not usually great and it certainly was not, although, of course, that is the nature of it and not the fault of the cruise line. Overall, having traveled worldwide, and taking a Mediterranean cruise last summer, I guess we made a poor choice in choosing Canada -just too 'ho-hum' for us but OK for novices and young families. Just seems it would make a better driving trip. This is not the fault of the cruise line either in any way, but having done many warm weather cruises and and 3 northern ones including this one, AK and Scandinavia, I realize cold weather cruising just doesn't do it for me. Someone else will have the reverse opinion I am sure, so it is 'to each his own'.

Pros: The tour in Halifax

Cons: the weather (no one's fault), the ship, the entertainment

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
This was a nice little city on the edge of nowhere with a tragic past. Took the Peggy's Cove and Titanic tour and gave that a 10. It kind of saved the cruise from being a total flop. The tour leader was excellent and he was most informative and pleasant - Allan.
Don't Miss: Anything to do with the Titanic if you are a history buff.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Nothing here seemed to be 'must see'. It's not exactly a place with great sites.
Don't Miss: Nothing that I can think of