Freedom 10/17/21

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Freedom

6 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 17, 2021

Ship: Carnival Freedom

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 1271

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

We made our own fun. Smoking areas suck. Will have to think long about going again after my next cruise I already booked.

Embarkation

One person would tell us where to go the next would send us back. Did that twice finally they walked us up and told them to let us through. Nobody knows what to do.

Ship experiences

Food was ok. Dining room asks for your allergies then ignores them. They tried to kill me by giving me a blackened steak when I told them no pepper. Closes my throat up.

Loved the trivia other than people cheating. Got 5 trophies and 4 medals. Karaoke was awesome. Less bands than usual. Seemed empty.

Awesome everywhere but the dining room. The guy would bring 2 breads. One guest would ask for sour dough and the next would ask for the other kind. Both got the same bread. He had no clue which was which. No attention to allergies.

Trying to get from one floor to another aft is awful. You have to use 2 different elevators to get there.

Best steward ever is Dodo. Spotless and attentive to our needs. The shower handles are cheap and broke the first day.

Ship tip

Get ready to walk. Every where you want to go is on the other end of the ship.

Ports of call

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

Miami, Florida