Average at Best!

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Freedom

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 25, 2019

Ship: Carnival Freedom

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 7298

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Carnival has change a lot since I first began sailing with them (15 Carn. Cruises) and they seem to have gone down hill! I will not cruise them again for any reason! we were actually told that 74.5 degrees is satisfactory for a room temp. and that if we wanted "Good Food" we should go to a Specialty Restaurant!

Embarkation

Ship experiences

The Food was the Worst I've ever had on a Cruise and I've been on over 50! In the buffet line for breakfast, they TRIED to toast a piece of bread and it took 2 tries before I gave up. How do you burn a piece of toast by putting it through a conveyer belt toaster is beyond me! The food in the dining room was never warm let alone hot and it was dry and very small portions. The service was good though. All the the Drinks from the bar were good and the Beer, cold and refreshing!

Fitness Center and Spa were good!

Cruise Director Emma is the BEST I've had in over 50 cruises. The Comedians were AWFUL, not funny at all and should have stayed home! The Singers and Dancers were somewhat entertaining

Neat, Clean, and Roomy. We don't utilize a lot of the Room Steward's talents on Cruises so but he and his team were OK! We had an Air Conditioning issue that took 2.5 day to fix!

Ship tip

Don't

Ports of call

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Dull, Boring, Dirty, and not a lot to do!

Belize City, Belize

We explored Ambergris Caye which was Fun, Expensive but fun. Belize City was just an average Cruise Port with not a lot to offer us!

We ALWAYS enjoy Cozumel. My wife got a GREAT 90 minute massage and we enjoyed the Bars/Restaurants just outside the Pier!

Disembarkation