7 night Spring break cruise out of Galveston on the Freedom

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Western Caribbean
Sail Date: March 12, 2016
Ship: Carnival Freedom

Overall the cruise was good,this was my 4th cruise with Carnival.  I don't like to complain I normal complement, but I have 4 issues that I was not happy about;

1. The room temperature was very hot, I put in a complaint and 2 days later they checked the a/c, it was 77 degrees, I asked for a fan they said they didn't have any more and the temperature was up to their standards.

2. The beds were extremely uncomfortable for my husband and I, he woke up with horrible back pain everyday.

3. Formal or elegant night - there were several people allowed in the dining room in shorts,jeans,flip flops, tee shirts..etc While majority was dressed properly as per the itinerary, I understand if you don't want to dress up, you can go to another place on the ship to eat.. several options to choose from! Other cruise lines enforce dress code. Very disappointed in those nights, just expected more.

4. Casino should never close, other than taking off to get into international waters. Don't understand that.

I would say over all it was good not great,  but for the money spent for 2 rooms for 4 people + all the extras we could have done almost anything else for the money. We spent about $7k for everything including excursions and a hotel the night before the cruise ( cruise price doubled for spring break). We drove in our own car to Galveston, didn't fly.

The staff was great as always!

My husband and I are in our 40's and our 2 older children 22 & 18 went with us. Our 18 year old had a blast, he said it was his 2nd best vacation ever, he met lots of friends his age to hang out with.

Guys burgers, sandwich shop & fish and chips were the best food on the ship

Lots to do!

no small children

Staff was great!

always clean

Room was extremely hot and beds were horrible, room Stewart was great!

Get chairs by the pool early or you won't get one, they go quickly!!
Keep your daily activity schedule with you so you don't forget to do something.
Take GOOD sun block!

Not what it used to be.
Awesome, Chanakaab was beautiful! Swam with the dolphins! Again, late to port, at least an hour
Beautiful & amazing, The line to get back on the ship was about a 50 min. wait plus we were at least an hour late porting and I was frantic that we were going to miss our excursion, but didn't :)
Beautiful Island!