Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

You get what you pay for.

Sail Date: January 09, 2016

This was the cheapest I ever paid for a 7 day, balcony cruise.  The room; the size, the bed & shower was wonderful.  No ice bucket or little spa lotions or creams waiting for me tho the room steward was awesome.

The food was very sub par, tho I did enjoy the fresh sandwich stop and the hamburger & fish & chips place.  My party enjoyed the pizza too, but I found the crust under-cooked for my taste.  Formal dinning room was nice, but the food left me underwhelmed.  I looked forward to Carnivals famous Chocolate Molten Cake, but everyone found it uneatable without large bites of ice cream to off set the chocolate.

Getting my party of 10 at one table was a nightmare.  Never had such a terrible Matre-D. He gave us a beautiful table, but only for one night, He then preceded to yell at my 80 year old parents for sitting there (for the evening dinner service he just gave to us).  Poor professionalism.  If he didn't want us there, he should never have offered it.  My parents & nephews family refuse to go on another Carnival cruise.

As for me?  I enjoyed my time in the Caribbean, my room, my family.  Like I said, "You get what you paid for."  Just happy I didn't over pay for the service & food..

Cabin / Stateroom The steward service was fantastic, as was the bed & over all room. But there was no lotions/creams or ice bucket for the room.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras Loved the beach.
Belize City, Belize Too closed off & kind of scary to try to walk around.
Cozumel, Mexico The dock was too far from the main town & shopping district.