Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise Director

1st Cruise

Sail Date: September 15, 2013

This was the first time my wife and I had cruised.  Having only been to the Caribbean via land vacays, I was very skeptical about taking a cruise.  I love to sit on the beach and have a few cold ones.

Well, Fort Lauderdale was my first real introduction to organized chaos!  LOL.  The boarding procedure was lengthy and boring but we did not care because we were just excited for this new adventure.

Once on the ship, we headed to the buffet and enjoyed decent food, which was different from the resort type food, so that was a plus.

Over the next 6 days, we enjoyed the shows, which were awesome, comedians, which always kept us talking about after the fact and the dining experiences that we had were top notch!

The POC that we had were Key West, Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios.  Out of all, I did not care for Jamaica but that was due to a comment that one of the locals made to my wife.

All and all, it was a fantastic trip and I was hooked.  Strongly recommend cruising to everyone now!

Cruise Photos

The steward that looked after us was named Wii or something like that for spelling. He was a magician, we never saw him enter or exit but our room was always clean! Very friendly man, greeted us with a smile and hand shake everyday. He made us feel at home!