Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean

Spring Break Value

Sail Date: March 04, 2012

Overall, this cruise was a great value. I'm 21 and traveled with a first time cruiser who was more than impressed by the ship and ports of call. The ship was filled with spring breakers which made for a really fun atmosphere with a lot of drinking and dancing on the Lido Deck during our days at sea. I would recommend this cruise to anyone who is looking for a lower priced vacation and who doesn't expect white glove service. With realistic expectations of what you're getting from Carnival (lots of young people, lots of partying, great entertainment, and perhaps average food) you will have a BLAST!

Pros: Tons to do, great drinks, clean facilities

Cons: Boat rocked due to rough seas, somewhat poor customer service

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

You were on your own on this cruise, if there was something that you wanted beyond what was provided it was unlikely that they would be able to provide. For example, I asked if it would be possible to just have a plate of tuna on a night when they offered a sushi sampler. My waiter told me that it would not be possible but that he could put in an order for three plates of the sampler. It wasn't a big deal and certainly did not affect my perception of the cruise, but compared to other cruise lines that offer better service you do get what you pay for on Carnival. I maintain that it is a GREAT VALUE, but don't expect white glove service.
The food was not 5 star. But you're not paying a 5 star price tag so there is no reason to complain. You can still order as much as you want at dinner and the buffets have something for everyone. If you are a foodie, you will likely be disappointed. But if you're like me, a poor college student, anything beyond Ramen Noodles is an upgrade!
Had a stateroom in the aft of the ship on deck 2, there was a lot of noise from the engine but much less rocking than you'd find at the front of the ship. I would probably recommend an aft room on a higher deck.
Best comedians I've ever had on a cruise!!