Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Cruise ... Disappointing Ports

Sail Date: November 20, 2010

The ship was wonderful. It was very clean and updated - however, there were several smokers on this ship, I came home sick because of all the smoke there was on board.

Pros: Days at Sea

Cons: Ports

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

Size was wonderful, the layout is just as great as other ships - favorite part of the Carnival Freedom was the "Adults Only" portion of the ship! So great!!
No complaints ... favorite part of the day.
Rooms are small, but you do not spend a lot of time in them. The staff was very attentive and left us with a clean room all day!
Went above and beyond my expectations, no complaints.
There are so many activities happening all of the time. I wish there were more of a description of each activity though, sometimes I had no idea what it was.
Been here before - unfortunately it rained. We tried to swim with the Stingrays but they canceled it cause the waves were too rough, disappointed.
Don't Miss: Three Amigos.
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
Awful. The only good part was seeing the banana plantation. Costa Rica is a poor, poor community that had me anxious about my life. Maybe a different part of Costa Rica would be better - but it all seemed horrible to me. I wish I wouldn't have gotten off the ship that day.
Colon, Panama
Another poor town that is full of poor people. Our cab driver told us to never be alone and to watch our backs. We spent a day at a Resort though close to the military barracks - good choice!