Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great "virgin" experience!

Sail Date: May 30, 2010

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the Carnival Freedom surpassed any expectations I may have had. I was worried about feeling cramped or claustrophobic, but even the smallest stateroom was generous, and the rest of the ship was huge! There was plenty to do, so I never felt at a loss, but there was also plenty of freedom to relax and do nothing, which was exactly what I needed!

Pros: The staff was phenomenal - they knew our names from the moment we stepped into our cabin or sat down at our table. And they took care of everything we needed!

Cons: The crowd was interesting - people from all walks of life.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

Everything is decorated to the hilt - and kept spotless!
I wouldn't have minded fewer announcements about the activities and would have liked a few more adults-only options, but otherwise, it was fine.
I definitely appreciated the later seating option in the dining room to avoid most of the kids. The food in the dining room was excellent and the buffet was good too!
George Town, Grand Cayman
The shopping is only okay, and the snorkeling isn't much, but the stingrays make it all worth it.
Don't Miss: Stingray City
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Dunn's River Falls is amazing - wear your swimsuit, take water shoes and a waterproof camera case and make the hike all the way up. Don't bother booking in advance - you can negotiate with the taxi drivers (the official ones you run into first are better than the ones who'll harass you later on). Also worth a drive through Fern Gully if you have time.
Key West, Florida
I'd rather have had another international stop but made the best of this American port. Stop by Cocktails! on Duval to get insights into local stuff to do. And if you can get in to Blue Heaven for lunch, we heard it's worth the wait!