The travel agent is supposed to lead and help the client make a good choice.

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 09, 2015
Ship: Carnival Fascination
Cabin Number: R157

I made the reservation, (my first with Carnival), 8-9 months in advance and asked for a good room with a window.  I was given a room on the Riviera deck, the lowest deck on the ship, right above the gangway.  The reservationist should share this fact with the client, because had I known I would have protested.  I was there with my family and wanted a quiet area, no the bottom of the ship.  When you look at the diagrams on the web site this deck does not appear to be the bottom.  This made the trip unpleasant on many accounts, noise, traffic and a lot of collage students that were loud.

Location and noise- Bottom deck -right above the gangway.