Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great vacation with family!

Sail Date: August 07, 2014

Cabin: GUAR

I must first thank for all of their help getting our cruise rescheduled after the unexpected loss of my mother.  The staff were very friendly and outgoing and stayed on top of the process.

We had a great time on our cruise.  The Carnival Fascination staff were all friendly and helpful and the variety of food was great.   I took three teenagers with me on this cruise.  They enjoyed hanging out by the pool; however, there wasn't a lot for them to do in the evenings.  I recommend that Carnival have more fun activities each night on the Lido deck.

The islands were great.  We went to the straw market which I will never do again.  It is crazy in there and people are badgering you to buy something.  Just go to shops on the streets.  Better quality merchandise at reasonable prices.  We chartered a private boat in Nassau from bahamaboattour- Captain Carl.  That was the highlight of our trip.  We had so much fun.  We spent time snorkeling and tubing.  I highly recommend chartering a private boat for your family instead of signing up for the tours where 40 to 50 people are on one boat.

We also went to Freeport.  This island is more industrialized.  We went to a beach called Junakoo or something like that.  Please note that there are jet ski rentals, banana boat rides, etc. on the beach.  You can negotiate the price for the rentals.  When you get off the ship, there will be taxi drivers encouraging you to go to Junakoo for $14 round trip.  Once you get there,   DO NOT fall for the $2.00 per person charge to go to the "Beach Club".  Just walk to your left when you get out of the taxi and you can walk right onto the beach without paying $2.  There really isn't a lot to do at Freeport.  There are a few shops at the port, but I would recommend waiting until you get to Nassau to shop.

I love the private balcony. It is so nice to get a hot cup of coffee, magazine and sit out on the balcony and enjoy the cruise.
Jacksonville, Florida
Easy to locate - ease of access to get in and out.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Freeport is okay....I would prefer to ship Freeport and stay at Nassau for two days.
Lots of shopping, beaches, activites