I'm not a fan of cruises

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 19, 2013
Ship: Carnival Fascination
Cabin Number: M73

So I should start out by saying I'm not a fan of cruises, but we wanted to take my mom and mother-in-law on a cruise since they have never been. The staff on the ship were outstanding, every single person, aside from the ladies working at the customer service desk who just didn't seem very capable or happy, were such a wonderful group of people. The food was always fresh and tasty, but being a whole foods vegan, I had a hard time finding a good range of options. At the cafeteria there were some long lines to get food at certain times so bring your patience. The ship shows signs of aging and could be updated, but the staff did an excellent job keeping everything clean. I recommend bringing walkie talkies if you go with a group, we lost one of our mothers on the ship, which was only funny after we found her 45 minutes later. Some advice, bring bottled water, unless you want to buy it onboard because the tap water tastes worse than horrible. I did not enjoy the wait times to get on and off board. I've cruised with another cruiseline and did not experience the extremely long wait times to get off the ship at the ports or even when we disembarked at the end of the trip like I did this time. We had to wait over an hour to get off at Freeport, but Nassau wasn't so bad because we learned our lesson and just gave the line time to clear out before walking right out, but that was time lost at both ports. It's one exit door and they take the pictures in line and it just goes so slow. The ports were really awesome and were definitely the highlight of the trip. Freeport and Nassau each had their own highlights and I really enjoyed my time there.

Bring your own water!