Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Ship of Fools

Sail Date: September 12, 2013

Carnival needs to enforce their rules of conduct because the poor behavior and manners of the clientele ruined this cruise. They were so rude to the servers in the dining room that I was embarrassed. The attire worn in the dining room was atrocious and I felt like I was in the ghetto; no one was turned away for wearing basketball shorts, "wife beater" tank tops with sideways hats, and sunglasses (at night). It was very common to see complete butts hanging out of pants that were all the way down and no one said a word about it. Obviously, money is the top priority for this cruise line, as people were allowed to get way too drunk and disorderly. In the middle of the day on the pool deck, a girl was attacked by a drunken passenger. The "self assist" disembarkation process was chaotic with the announcer calling deck after deck until there was a gridlock of people banging each other with suitcases merging together from several decks. I saw arguments and a lot of frustration with this disorganized process. I was very surprised by the food because I was expecting a higher quality and more choices in the buffet, because I've been on several cruises before, although with a different cruise line. I did like the staff on this cruise and I felt sorry for them that they had to deal with horrible passengers who treated them in a disrespectful manner. The servers in the dining room, pool deck, and the cabin attendants were all professional, attentive, and courteous despite the poor treatment they received. The two ports were both typically 3rd world. I would never go back to Freeport because there's nothing to see there. Nassau was a juxtaposition of obscene wealth and severe poverty, so obviously the corruption is rampant. The gaudy Atlantis resort looms over the area as a grotesque reminder to the residents that they live in abject poverty and the foreigners who visit are there to exploit the natural resources and cheap labor. The amenities were all fine, but again I missed the little things that I experienced on other cruise lines. For the price, the amenities and food were probably a good value, but if a customer is interested in a more luxurious experience, I would recommend a different cruise line.
The "Divas" show was dreadful.
Children's Programs I didn't see the children's programs.

Food is not readily available at all hours, so keep track of the times when different venues are open. The food in the dining room is better than the buffet.