Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great way to start the New Year!

Sail Date: December 31, 2007

This ship was very clean and inviting. Many places to sit and talk with others. Didn't visit the casinos due to smoking but enjoyed the coffee bar. Drink prices were reasonable. Wait staff very polite and helpful.

Pros: Coffee bar, workout area, grille area and selection of food, lovely ship, wonderful wait staff

Cons: No back up plan when the ship was too rocky for the dancers to perform. You had the audience there, why not send in the comedian or have the performers have a plan b. Esp. since that was our last night.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

Key West, Florida
Didn't partake of food in Key West. We got our Kino's and were very happy! Also went to get souvenirs at Hog's Breath Cafe.
Don't Miss: The sunsets but unfortunately we were only there in the morning and early afternoon.
Calica, Mexico
Our biking, carvern, beach excursion was disappointing. The bikes were rusty. I sliced my calf on a cable wire getting on the bike. My daughter got a few cuts from her bike. The bike paths were very rocky and rough. The cavern was cool but the guide took only one light and it was dark at the end of the line and we were unsure of what we were walking into. Saw a beautiful diamondback rattlesnake on our ride back to the beach...that was my highlight! It wasn't a good beach day due to the cold and wind and our guide said we had an hour and a half there. He ended up cutting it short and we headed back to the van pick-up area. Our guide was knowledgeable and very interesting . We enjoyed all the information he shared with us about Mexico and the wildlife he loves. This excursion could have been a lot better. We went into Carmen Des Playa and had a nice dinner and really thought the town was charming although touristy. It was fun.
Calica, Mexico