Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Spring Break 2009 Cruise

Sail Date: April 04, 2009

The ship was well managed, well kept and in general good condition. I made a comment several times about how they were always cleaning, picking up, etc.

Pros: Great entertainment

Cons: Only ghetto music at the disco after 11 pm

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

Very standard plates. I understand it's difficult to make specialty plates for so many people. The prime rib was disappointing. The service was GREAT! There were different meal options every evening. I would say the food was just above average.
The shows were just okay. The piano guy and the live band were good. The caribbean music at the pool was a bit too loud. It was impossible to have a conversation if you were anywhere near the pool.
My 13 and 15 year old daughters did not enjoy the kids clubs.
This ship is in great shape, the public areas were always kept clean, the decor of the ship was very nice. Once we figured out the location of restaurants, pool, etc it was very easy to get to each place.
The bed was very comfortable, they came by the room twice a day to pick up, change towels, etc. Of course it was a very small room, but it was good enough for two of us.
Honestly, this was the best part of the experience. The staff is always offering to help if you need anything. It is very apparent the enjoy their work at the ship. We spoke to several employees who have been there 10, 15 and even 20 years. The know their stuff and make you feel at home.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Progreso is at best a podunk (sp?) little beach town. We spent the day at the beach where we were well served by the locals. HOWEVER, were literally HOUNDED by people trying to sell trinkets, etc. The same person would come by and interrupt every 4 or five minutes. Probably the worst part of the trip. I heard Merida, 20 minutes away, is a larger city with non-beach activities for those interested.
I was disappointed we had bad weather in Cozumel so we had to cancel a snorkeling trip for my kids. Having been there before, I know it would've been the highlight of their trip. Instead we went to Playamia, a private beach where we took an AWESOME cooking class, which turned out to be the highlight of the trip.
Don't Miss: Cooking class at Playamia resort. Luis, the chef, was very entertaining!!