First Cruise

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Elation

4 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 01, 2018

Ship: Carnival Elation

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: E210

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

We had a great time however on our way back to FL we had rough sea and high winds and it was horrible!! The ship was rocking every way possible and I was so sick even with motion sickness meds! Next time I decide to go on a cruise I will try a bigger ship!

Embarkation

Very easy! We did not park at port cause we were about an hour early and they turned us away so we chose to park across the road it was cheaper and free shuttle! Once we parked we were loaded up and took to port and it was all went smoothly!

Ship experiences

This was our first cruise and we have always heard people rave about all the food however we didn’t find it all that impressing!

Pizzeria

Pizza was good but there was only one guy working and you always had to wait for a slice and ring the bell to get any service! There was always a line and I didn’t understand why they only had one person working!!

Bar

The atrium bar had the best bartenders!! They worked really well together and the wait time was not as long as the other bars! Evangeline and Abraham were the BEST!!

Pizzeria

There is only one pool and it was too cold to be in!

Our room steward was awesome!!

The cabin was bigger than I expected! However the beds were very uncomfortable! After 4 days my back was killing me!!

Ports of call

Jacksonville, Florida

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

Not much at this port! We got off for maybe 30 mins and then back on the ship!

Beautiful place! We did a private beach excursion and it was really nice!

Disembarkation