It was ... OK ...

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 28, 2016
Ship: Carnival Elation
Cabin Number: U67

This was our 9th cruise (1 on Celebrity, 7 on Princess and our first on Carnival).  The staff was great.  The ship (Elation) was tired an in need of refurbish.  The entertainment was typical of all cruise lines. From the three cruise lines we've used, I find that the entertainment is always mediocre and the staff always great and hardworking.  Cruise choice usually comes down to price, destination, time since the last ship refit and food.  I find Princess has the best food so we'll likely go back to them.  We took this one due to sailing schedule and departure port.

The dining service was great. The food quality was poor even when I paid extra for what I thought would be better quality.

Ayu was a great cabin steward. Our cabin seemed old so obviously nothing she could do about that but the cabin seemed much larger compared to Princess with tons of storage and a much bigger bathroom. The cabin design was one of the best of any ship I've been on.