Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

very beautiful ports of call

Sail Date: February 01, 2016

although this is one of the older ships it is my 2nd time on the elation.  There was something to do all day. the ship was very clean and the entire staff was excellent. The deli area was ok but the buffet hot bar food was only so so.  I wish they would bring back steak and lobster night and escargot. Tons of excursions for any fitness level. I'm sorry Carnival will stop using this ship over the summer.  This is about my 9th cruise and in twelve more sailing days I will be at platinum status.  In Progresso the weather got bad and we stayed in port an extra 9 or so hours.  I am so grateful the captain stayed, and he spent the next sea day making sure we got back to New Orleans right on time!  I've already planned my next cruise with Carnival.

clean and 'P' the stewart was great! wish it had a fridge but hey, it's an older ship.
Children's Programs no kids
Food and Dining The dinner meals lacked some taste on things. only 3 things. (the lobster bisque was awful and sent back by lots of people, the crab cake had WAAAAY to much mayo and the deli's pastromi was dry as sin.
New Orleans, Louisiana
ride from airport to ship is $36 in a cab
rum cake stores, food and free liquor samples when you get off the boat
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
there is a bunch of sales shops the minute you get off the ship.