Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fun Ship Trip

Sail Date: January 19, 2015

The ship was very nice for the price. I have been on much more expensive cruises and there is a difference. Overall food was good and lots of it. Cabin was more roomy then I remember from other cruises. Did not book any excursions, my husband and I prefer to design our own day trips.

Cozumel was great, beaches beautiful, water clear, weather great. We got our own cab to international beach just past Paradise beach, cheap. Met a bartender, Martin, he took great care of us all day.

Stopped in Progesso. I think this port is in it's infancy and needs alto of work. I guess if you were on a booked excursion it may be different if you were going out to the ruins, etc. Not much to speak of a town, very little to see, beach is just okay. Had a beer and went straight back to the ship. Would not get off the ship in the future.

Embarkation was smooth, organized and very well done. We gave our bags to the porter. Since we got on the ship around 11:00 and our cabins were not ready till 12:30. We did not want to lug our suitcases.

Getting off the ship was smooth as well. We took our luggage with us to get off the ship and that worked best. We were off the ship by 8:45.

Overall nice trip and would do it again. Sailing out of New Orleans is a blast.

Shuffle Board needs to be reburbished, pucks would not slide. Disappointed
Progreso not so good
New Orleans, Louisiana
Spent two days prior in NO. Best idea ever.
Cozumel, Mexico Great water, beaches
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Just too dirty and not much to do if you do not book an excursion

1 Comment