Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Our Frist from NOLA

Sail Date: December 08, 2014

Let's start with the good.....embarkation was smooth...nicely controlled.  Our room was on the Riviera deck...clean, tidy and our steward kept things in tip top condition.  Food was very good...lots of choices to please.  I did like the option of up purchasing in the Main Dining Room since there wasn't a Steakhouse aboard.   My upcharge choice was the whole lobster perfectly prepared and in addition I ordered the flank steak at no charge for my surf 'n turf selection of the evening.  I would also recommend the up charge New York Strip...nicely done.  And on the the not so good features.   The Serenity Deck obviously was a retro fit.  There wasn't a bar even close...not good planning.  The Anytime Dining seating was a total debacle.   We have sailed many times with Anytime and never had an issue.   This trip was miserable.  We would approach the Hostess station and would be handed a "pager".   Our average wait time was 30 minutes and up to an hour.   We weren't the only ones complaining...there was a line of guests that really were mad.....and the poor hostess stand knew they would rather be somewhere else than facing the "angry crowd".   The Dining Room sent us complimentary Chocolate Strawberries after we returned to the room....a nice gesture with an apology of the situation.

But to make EVERYTHING even better....Elena, our Bartender in the Great Gatsby served the perfect Martini every evening...she was such a treat....just the sweetest.

Although the ship was in need of cosmetic updating, the Carnival Value exceeds....would definitely sail again on the Elation.    I hope Carnival will continue the Shareholder OBC's in the future.  Owning CCL does have perks.

Cruise Photos

Needs a little cosmetic attention
Piano lounge needs a new "artist"