Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Amazing Anniversary Cruise!!

Sail Date: March 17, 2014

Cabin: U-24

After reading MANY reviews of the ports and ship, I would have to say for the most part, the port reviews were true to me as well (not much to do in Progresso, but so much in Cozumel and gorgeous beaches), but the bad reviews of the ship itself were way off.  Everything I ate was delicious, bed was comfortable (I was even pleasantly surprised that the stateroom was bigger than I expected), all the staff was friendly, plenty of activities to do onboard, and no unpleasant smells from our deck (Upper).  The price of alcohol drinks was pricey and I didn't like that we didn't get copies of receipts.  We expected to pay for everything on the last day of the cruise from our Sign and Sail account, but it was debited after each transaction.

This was my first cruise as an adult and my husband's first.  We both LOVED it and would definitely recommend the Carnival Elation and Cozumel, but not necessarily Progreso.  It's a new port and not much to do but shop (be annoyed by every worker wanting you to come see this or that to sell you stuff) or go to the Mayan Ruins (not our thing).  You can get 3 for $5 Coronitas at a Corona bar right when you get off so that's worth it to drink those! We're ready to book another cruise with Carnival and HAD A BLAST!!!

Our waiter Paul in the Imagination restaurant was so fun and can dance has tailfeather off!! Very entertaining and great personality.

With the option of the purchasing Bubbles program (unlimited soft drinks), I expected to have to pay for water, coffee, etc. on the ship also but tea, lemonade, water, coffee, and hot chocolate were all free (just not sodas).  Something I didn't remember seeing in the reviews or reading online.

Morning breakfast in the restaurants have the same food as Tiffany's, but you wait much longer to get it.
The chocolate molten cake dessert served at night is a MUST! My husband got it every night!