Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 night western Caribbean

Sail Date: August 20, 2012

I have to say that the ship is very nice, clean and comfortable. Some of the staff however were not as helpful or as outgoing as I would have expected. I treid not to but i kept comparing this cruise to a Disney Cruise I took and hands down the disney cruise was much better. I have decided that if i ever do cruise again, it wont be with Carnival. Also, the excursion to Merida was a waste of time. The locals were bad talking the guests (they didnt know I could understand them) and said that if they were not spending money they should just leave. So i would skip that port, or just stay on the boat. Overall on a scale of 1 -10 i would give this cruise and Carnival a 4 maybe a 5.

Pros: Cozumel

Cons: Progresso

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Very nice beautiful ship.
The food was not what i expected\, i kept comparing the service and the food to a Disney Cruise i took a few years back and Carnival just did not measure up.
There are a few staff members such as Guest Services that are really outgoing and service oriented. While others seem as if they are doing me a favor by being there. Almost no smiles\, no good mornings\, overall the staff is not very friendly