Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A first real vacation of my life..

Sail Date: August 20, 2012

Since we entered till we are out, it was all very relaxing. It is not a huge ship but big enough for first timers. I really loved the whole relaxing environment where I wasn't forced on activities I don't feel comfortable to participate. I felt that tons of photos taken during the cruise were sold at very expensive price which I avoided. I think they can make more money if prices are adjusted by 25%. It took us to 2 ports, progresso - don't have much to do except beach, Cozumel - nice tourist city with expensive shore excusrions. You can avoid paying these by going to public beach. Swimming with Dolphin was most attractive to kids at Cozumel but very expensive specially when they don't let you take the kids picture at all and sell those to unbelievable high prices ($30 each).

Pros: Relaxed environment..

Cons: Limited food choices in dinner menu

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Nicely arranged. If you are not a show or casino person, you will be spending most of the time on 10th floor with swimming pool and restaurant. I didn't like to go to 10th floor each time I needed drinking water. I think they should provide water fountain on each level. Overall it was nice and clean with good decoration.
Very good breakfast variety and lunch was good too. I am an Indian vegeterian so didn't have many choices. I heard some ship has TANDOORI option which I would have loved. Nonetheless, there were good option for everyone who are nto strict on taste.
Very nice, spacious and comfortable. Good window view of sea.
Can't have enough good things about them.
Good activity but not enough. I would have liked a movie theater.
Not many to keep them occupied. My kids didn't find many interesting activities so kept wandering with friends. Though we felt very safe there.