Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First Cruise

Sail Date: May 07, 2011

Room Type: Suite

Very nice ship, but over crowded.

Pros: Rooms and Service

Cons: 1)Boarding and Un-boarding ships 2) Very crowded 3)Not enough time at Ports 4) Buffet was horible

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

Out of my 7 days I only found 1 show that was to my liking. To me, we were in sea way to long and not nearly enough shows to keep a SOBER person busy. If you like to party this is the cruise for you.
I had the Jr. Suite with an semi-obstructed view. I loved the room plenty of room for two. The room was cleaned 2X a day which was very nice. Room service was 1-1 1/2 hour wait for food at night and very quick in the morning
All of the staff were wonderful. Best part of the cruise was the treatment by the staff.
The ship was kept Extremely clean. Two small pools for 1500-2000 people, was not enough. No adult pool, only adult hot-tub area. Accessibility was very difficult at times due to over-crowding.
The formal dining was great. Service was outstanding. The lunch/dinner buffet was absolutely horrible. Extreme lines the the buffet lines no matter what time it was. Breakfast buffet was good except for the long lines.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Island was beautiful, but very poor people. Most were very friendly. I went horseback riding and it was good. The tour guide was very nice as we rode through some hills and back to the ocean.
Don't Miss: The Safe Beach- Well kept beach-drinks and food served on the beach. Wow I loved that.
George Town, Grand Cayman
4X4 Jeep tour was great, espicially attempting to drive on the wrong side of the road. Went to Hell, a little area in mid island. Had lunch and snorkeled for the rest of the day. It was incredible.
Don't Miss: The whole island.
Dolphin swim w/lunch. Shopping was good as well. We only had 5 hours on this port which really sucked. I wanted to go to the beach , but didn't have enough time.
Don't Miss: Dolphin swim was incredible. The best thing I have ever done!!!!