Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Disapointment at Sea

Sail Date: January 10, 2011

While my family has enjoyed numerous cruises in the past, I have avoided them because I do not like being restricted to a specific space. This was my first cruise, and I took it for my 25th wedding anniversary. My worst fears came true, having to spend 90% of the cruise without the opportunity to get off the ship. I feel the explanation of the problems were poorly conveyed to the passengers, and at times very evasive.

Pros: The entertainment was high quality as was the service in the dining areas.

Cons: Being stuck on the ship 4 1/2 of the 5 days.

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

More variety in the buffet areas.
It rained the entire time we were there, we got there late and didn't get to spend much time on the island.