Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The Carnival Elation-Splended!!!!!!!!!!!

Sail Date: December 13, 2010

My husband and I loved the people we met on this ship, both the ones who work aboard the ship and the friendly and nice patrons we met along the way. We were delighted with the new friendships we made and we will definently stay in touch with them, and we plan to sail on another Carnival ship together in the near future.

Pros: I loved the service/ food in the dining room, 3 meals a day! I also loved the comfort of the soft and warm towels and bathrobes there in the room for us to use while on the ship! I sure loved to buy one on my way out the door so we could take those same comforts home with us.

Cons: I have seen better shows/entertainment on other ships. I also would have liked the same 24 hour buffets that other ships provide.

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

We did not see a vast variety of shows on this ship. There was a couple of trivia contests which my husband won, and commedians that some said were really good, but the live music/dancing we saw (2 shows) were very similar and a little too loud for me.
Ship size was a little smaller than most of the ships we have been on, but condusive to seeing the same people repeatedly and getting to know those people. The public areas were very clean and there was a lot of attention to detail, making sure to keep the cruise ship safe for everybody.
Loved the restaurants available. I chose the 6 oclock dining option, and it was the more popular one. Some people did not get their preferred dining times so it's important to book early. Quality of food was impeccable in the dining room. The buffet was less fresh. We liked the sushi bar a lot, and the pizza bar!
We were pleased with the room, very much so. It was just the right size for two.Everythng wonderful in the room, but the shower was a little touchy. (Easy to go from scalding to cold fast). So care was needed there. But most things on the ship were a no-brainer. All done for us, the way we liked! Loved the bathrobes, so warm, thick and comfy. Great for running to and from the hot tubs/pools on the deck!
The workers on the ship were all very willing to help, anything we needed. We accidently left our water glasses and ice holder downtairs on the hot tub while drinkig champagne out there, and we explained it to the man who cleans the room and he hunted it down for us, no problemo! He was wonderful!
The shopping was wonderul and fun; thre was a lot to see even without paying for shore excursions, although the "deals" were hard to come by. The prices for most things were about what I would pay here in the U.S. I was shopping for deals.
Calica, Mexico
We rented a car and went to see the beautiful ruins. We saw the beautiful ocean, and the scenes and picture oportunities there were OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Don't Miss: The Ruins!