Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Slightly overrated

Sail Date: December 24, 2007

The city bus cost me and my family $2.25/person for fare between the San Diego Airport and the departure harbor - this compared to the $36/person that Carnival would charge for the same service. Why didn't you at least tell me that I could have a cheaper option? I had to find out on my own. From this beginning I realized that Carnival nickel and dimed us for most services - when we were at Cabo San Lucas if we were to go snorkeling for example it would cost us $85/person if we booked it through Carnival. We did go snorkeling and it cost us only $20/person as we booked the services in town. Such a discrepancy on costs of services led me not to trust Carnival. i always got the feeling that the employees were trying to sell us something. Not what i wanted to go through for a vacation that i had to pay more for anyway since it was during a holiday week.

Pros: The food was excellent

Cons: too many extra services to pay for

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico