Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Cruise!

Sail Date: February 26, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my first cruise experience. My husband, 2 children ( 3 years old ), and my mother came. It exceeded my expectations. The cruise ship was incredibly clean and the staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. The food was wonderful with plenty of options. I especially liked that there was a lot of "healthy" options too! I used the fitness room in which the equipment was state of the art, and had beautiful views of the ocean. Camp Carnival was very good and although we put the kids in for only 2 hours or less a day, they seemed to really enjoy it. The excursions were beautiful ( I especially enjoyed the beaches at Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay ). The glass bottom boat ride was a waste of money, though. The elation dancer shows were really professional and the kids also loved them.
All in all a wonderful experience and our family would recommend it to anyone.

Pros: Wonderful staff, cleanliness, ports of call, food, fitness center, stress-free, elation dancer shows, my kids loved it

Cons: glass bottom boat excursion at Half Moon Cay was disappointing and not worth the money, post cruise equilibrium change ( a dizzy feeling of still being on a boat )

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

The shopping was expensive. Not much here that I liked, however we did not do any of the excursions which may be better.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
The most beautiful beach. Loved the kids slide, and the "raft animals".
Grand Turk Island
The pool there was great! The beach was nice also. Not much else there besides that.
Grand Turk Island
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
The most beautiful beach. Loved the kids slide, and the "raft animals".