Rocky but fun

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 26, 2007
Ship: Carnival Elation
The ship was smaller than the last ship that I was on, but the rooms were bigger. Not a lot to do on the boat. Very small shopping area. Everyone was married, a couple, or a child. Not a good cruise for single people.

The food was the best part of the cruise. Our waiter, Gladie, was fantastic. We loved getting ready for dinner and relaxing every night. We missed the creme brulee though from last year's cruise!

Entertainment was OK. Nothing to write home about.

Besides our waiter, we did not meet any staff who we felt went out of their way to make you feel welcome. We never formally met the stateroom steward.

Ship was small and the decor was OK. The ship was very clean.

The room was adequate. It was a good size and the bathroom was ever bigger than the last cruise. Decor was ugly, but we weren't in the room very much.
Loved it. The best day of the cruise. Most beautiful island I have ever seen. Water was incredible. The "Wish I could Stay Here Forever" bar was great with the band, fun to eat outside with a BBQ like style. I want to move to Half Moon Cay!
Don't Miss: Great day to rent a float and relax!
Don't Miss: Great day to rent a float and relax!
Loved the Bahamas too. Straw Market had great deals. Senor Frogs is always a blast! Beautiful island!
Don't Miss: Straw Market and Senor Frogs
SUCH a disappointment. This was the port I was looking forward to the most, and it was my least favorite. Not much to do, except Margaritaville. The excursion (bus ride to the lighthouse, and prison) was terrible. Huge waste of money.
Don't Miss: Margaritaville
Don't Miss: Margaritaville
Don't Miss: Straw Market and Senor Frogs

Pros: Half Moon Cay

Cons: The rockiness

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!