Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Ok for couples

Sail Date: September 08, 2007

The ship was nice. I was impressed to see a volleyball and basketball setup. However, getting a ball to play with was even more difficult. An employee told me the soccer ball was for employees only. After renting one the previous day, I was baffled. The food was horrible. Entertainment good if you brought your date. If you try to mingle you will end up in a group of elderly folks, or a frat group beer contest. It was at best a C+. Guys, bring a girlfriend or companion onboard. I brought a friend...and thats lets try to meet people the entire cruise. Boring, lazy employees, poor food. Next time I will swim to Cabo.

Pros: The entertainment was the best part of the ok trip...

Cons: The food was horrible. I can get a hot dog anywhere....

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Did not go above and beyond. Average.
True, there were several restaurants. Open a few hours a day. The Lido deck service was hot dogs and hamburgers. Inside was the same. Pasta, and rice. Oh, 24 hour pizza. Just what I need on vacation. Im no bodybuilder, but a healthy option would be nice. And the sushi bar had a long line for 2 selections:(pre-made of course). Safeway sushi is bad, and id prefer that to this astonishing disaster of sushi. Alot of alcohol, but bring your cash. Dont' worry though, the tips included. No specialty selections onboard. Just greasy American past-time cuisine, and improvised ethnic dishes. Bad....
Ship was large. A lot of bars, as well as deck space.
You get what you pay for. I know that. But my room was small and ok. No complaints for the deal I got.
Alot of entertainment, for 40+. College students should smuggle their own booze, and bring company along with them because its you, what you bring and the ocean, thats it the entire cruise.
The kids had a better time than I did. They really were playing, wearing masks and living it up. Singing songs. Didnt help me though. N/A to youth, and older folks.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
alot of glass bottom boats to go on. I was offered marajuana by 8 or so guys on the way out of the boat. Great if you're a trafficker.
Don't Miss: The Beaches around the bay.
Ensenada, Mexico
Reminds me of Oakland California. Poor where I got dropped off. I was worried about my wallet. The food is better in Oakland, where I work. I ordered fish tacos from a "nicer" upscale place by Pappas & Beer" and it was greasy and fried. Alot of nice looking 20 year old ladies in this town. It was cool.
Don't Miss: You "wont miss" getting back to the safety of the boat.