Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Sailing Just Wasn't Our Thing

Sail Date: June 21, 2007

The ship was not an issue at all. I am a non-drinker and we found every activity we joined in the evening was to get loaded. We went to some classes and some Bingo but everything in the evening was a drunken bash. That's fine for those who enjoy it, but I found it tedious maneuvering through the drinkers and having drinks and ashes knocked onto me.

Pros: Ship was very clean. Mannerly employees. Good food.

Cons: We found we were bored by mid afternoon every day.

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

There were a lot of options in the daytime that we enjoyed. Didn't partake in the evening drink fests.
Once we got the gist of it, we found where we needed to go very quickly. Ship was clean and very presentable.
Good food with some diversity. Lots of fish. I got an allergic reaction once to a sauce but didn't go so far as going into shock. Just huge swollen lips and hives. A little crazed with the kids running around without parents in the dining room.
Stateroom was neat and clean. Towel animals were a great touch. Our steward was great and we tipped him graciously.
Most staff was friendly, but most staff was under 25. A little hard to relate in some cases. Our first night we met Kashore, who was our favorite server, and who remembered our name every time he saw us. He brought me sodas and kept my husband in beers all weekend.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Accosted by merchants every ten feet! They did not want to take no for an answer. Some thrust their kids at us. ATMs were down (all three of them) and many times we went to use our credit card and their modems were down. Got bad directions twice and ended up on a tender back early. Had the ship virtually to ourselves!
Don't Miss: Don't miss the tender going back!