Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Mediocore cruise

Sail Date: June 16, 2007

The Elation was a nice enough ship and the cabins were roomy and convenient. There were two of us in an inside cabin and I never felt clostrophobic. The rooms were well tended to by the housekkeeping staff. The entire staff was friendly and always ready with a cheerful "hello". The staff in the casual dining room was incredible. They cleaned the tables as soon as someone left and left it clean with clean utensils wrapped inside a clean, cloth napkin.The thing I didn't like were the children who were allowed to run up and down the hallways and jumping off the stairs. This occurred throughout our cruise. I also felt that the pool was too small for the size of ship.

Pros: Nice large cabins, good use of space

Cons: too many children running the hallways without adult supervision

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

The nighttime entertainment was really poor. There was a comedian 2 nights and 3 nights had the Carnival singers and dancers perform. The performances were like a high school production; nothing like I have seen before on any other ships. On other cruises I've taken the shows were more like Circ de Solei type shows.
I felt that the food selection was a bit boring and it took quite a long time to get our food in the dining room at night.
Ensenada, Mexico
We did the kayaking adventure and it was fun. They supplied the wet suits and sandals, along with the kayak and paddles. It was a good adventure going out to the Blowhole and seeing it from the ocean side.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We did the ATV adventure and it was fun but I felt way too expensive for the outting. We only got to ride for about an hour of the 4 hour trip.