Great

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Ecstasy

5 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 24, 2020

Ship: Carnival Ecstasy

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: M23

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Overall everything was pretty awesome. So much to do on the boat and Cam really made people get involved and had a fun time dancing and singing. Every staff member I came in contact with was polite and never had a bad attitude. The only negative comment about the overall trip was wasting money on the drink package. My boyfriend and I spent around $600 but couldn’t use it two of the five days. We also never once got drunk so it seemed like alcohol or mixed drinks were not legit. We also bought it before the cruise(told it was cheaper) but if we waited to buy it once the cruise ship left it would have actually been cheaper since there wouldn’t have been any tax. Just wish I knew more before wasting so much money on it.

Embarkation

Pretty quick!

Ship experiences

Specialty dinning was amazing so much good food. Mantara and Kenneth were amazing we requested Mantaras section each night for dinner!

Used the water slide once but since carnival ecstasy is the older ship we didn’t have a rock wall or a lot of other activities that other ships have. Fitness center was huge though and really nice. Wish there was more than just the one tiny pool- was always filled and never had a chance to use it.

Shows were always amazing. DJs were great and Cam is awesome! Comedy shows were so funny

No children

Cam, Mantara, Kenneth and our room steward Freddy were amazing!!!

Mostly clean- saw a few cockroaches in main area but bathrooms were always well kept

Pretty decent size a lot more than I expected. I was able to unpack and hang my clothes

Ship tip

Lots to do you will never be bored!

Ports of call

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

Did not do an excursion here but we had to get a taxi to get to another beach. We went to banana bay which was nice and private for the day. Wish we were given a little more information about the ports we were going to- maybe a list of beaches or surrounding areas for things to do once off the boat.

Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)

Beach was amazing the only negative thing I would say is not being able to use our drink package even though carnival owns the island.. so two days were wasted where we were not able to get drinks

Disembarkation