Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Not what I expected

Sail Date: June 25, 2016

My favorite part of the cruise was on the actual islands. We had fun in Nassau and the drinks were affordable and delicious!

The ship was aweful.. I'm not typically a drinker so it doesn't take much for me to get a buzz but when I pay near $40 on 4 drinks and don't feel a thing there's a serious problem!  The food was absolutely terrible!  The hallway smelled like a portal potty from everyone having the runs from the terrible food. There wasn't really anything for the children to do but carnival still made me pay full adult prices for a 3 year old and a 5 year old!  Not to mention gratuity is $60 per person ... no child discount. There was one tiny pool for 2400+ people and there wasn't even a shallow end where the kids could play. 2 hot tubs that were jam packed constantly. The boat wasn't even clean. My kids literally had one small baby slide they could go down the whole vacation. I will not be taking another cruise anytime soon. 6 days on an all inclusive island that includes drinks, food airfare ect sounds way better and cheaper.... I feel like I was totally ripped off! And how can you charge someone a rediculous amount for a bottomless bubbles package and run out of coke!?!?!

Not the cleanest but not terrible
Embarkation was a nightmare, disembark wasn't bad
Aweful... this boat was made to lay in the sun all day and drink terrible drinks and eat terrible food!
Nassau was dirty but we had a blast and excellent affordable drinks/food! Half moon cay was stunning but since it's owned by carnival now you pay $10 a drink with practically no alcohol in it!
Nothing for kids to do or family with children
There was really nothing for kids to do
Nothing was really impressive, and $40 for bingo is a total rip off! It seems like anything you want to do you had to pay more money!
Dining room server was great, food was still aweful,
Aweful food!! My stomach cramped up every time I took a bite!
Charleston, South Carolina
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Like I said.... it's stunning! ! But since it's owned by the cruise line they act like they can rip you off! Your pop was $5 for 2 and you couldn't use your bottomless bubbles card

Don't do it! Spend your money wisely and go to an all inclusive resort!!!