Nice for a short trip.

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 11, 2014
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: M256

My six year old grandson and I took the cruise and had a wonderful time.  We had a cabin with a balcony that we thoroughly enjoyed.  The cabin was bigger than expected, especially the bathroom.  We were on Deck 5.  It is an old ship, 1991, and the amenities demonstrated it.  There is only one pool and very small for the size of the ship.  They do have wonderful waterslides for the kids (and adults) but since they do not end on a pool, the water got very murky pretty soon.  Anyway, my grandson enjoyed them very much.  It was his first cruise so he could not compare to another.  The food in the dining rooms was better than the alternative eating areas in the pool area although not to the standard of other cruises I have taken.  There was anytime eating in the dining rooms which  is very convenient since you can go anytime between 6 and 9:30p.m.  The waiters were very kind and attentive as was the rest of the crew.  The two stops were nice, Key West and Cozumel.  In Key West we took the Conch Train and in Cozumel we swam with the dolphins, an experience everyone should have.   The sub-ocean excursion was not worth the money, make sure you pick the submarine.  My mistake for not reading the description carefully!  The excursions I took were suitable for a 6 year old so I could not speak of the other excursions available.

My cruise served its purpose which was to enjoy a few days with my grandson before school started, but I would not recommend it if you are looking for a great and memorable experience.  The entertainment, activities, casino, lounges are not even close to other cruises I have taken.

Took the Conch Train because of my grandson, but you can walk or rent a scooter.
Took the Swim and Ride with the dolphins, an incredible experience.