Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Seasick persons beware !

Sail Date: January 19, 2013

The Ecstasy has been upgraded and includes the Serenity for Adults only and the new and improved pool and water slides. The staff were very nice and helpful. We were somewhat disappointed this time with the attitude of the officers as they were less cordial than on other ships. Food was average for the new standard of Carnival. No "Specialty" restaurant on this ship so no great steaks to rave about but my husband enjoyed the seafood. The Serenity area is disappointing as it is situated directly below the outside dining areas which were very noisy and people were standing at the rails making lots of noise including kids which is not condusive to a peaceful environment. The deck below Serenity is "Camp Carnival", so guess what.....kids.....kids...noise...you get the drift! More thought should have gone into the location of the Serenity area. Our first night out we had some rain and rough seas and most of the guests on the ship were very sick! I have never had a ship to rock so violently (my 20th cruise on Carnival). I do not know why the ship did not handle better than it did, but felt as if something was wrong. I have never been seasick on a cruise and have no need for patches or medications, but I will admit for the first time I asked for some at the pursers desk. Carnival used to hand out samples of an OTC med if needed during rough seas to guests for motion sickness, now they charge for this too. So to all those who are easily sickened by motion, my heart goes out to you. It was not a pleasant start to our trip. We altered our course and slowed down significantly which helped a great deal. Our visit to the Bahamas was nice and enjoyed the rest of the trip. We made the best of it and still love cruising but overall this was not the best trip on Carnival.
ok, but poor planning on placement such as Serenity area
average, quality has declined
very clean & comfy
Cabin steward, dining room staff, very courteous
enjoyed the shows
Children's Programs n/a
Port Canaveral, Florida
Not the most organized of ports we have been to
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
beautiful water and beaches
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
love the beach!

No lines usually at lunch time except the Mongolian Grill, very good food but need better organization to shorten the lines and confusion for some guests. Average wait was 30+ minutes in line before getting to the cook!