Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great cruise - some things to offer

Sail Date: October 22, 2011

Room Type: Suite

As a safety and security professional I had a few observations that I would like to share. During the check in on shore, the I noticed the VIP line only had 2 employees processing people. The same person running the metal detector was using the x-ray machine. She didn't even look at the x-ray when items were being passed due to being short staffed. You had warning signs everywhere on the ship, but one place I thougt you might like to include one is on the bathroom door in the staterooms. There is a step down. Could help with insurance issues.

Pros: The service from the staff

Cons: The rough weather and canceled shore execursion

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Decor was a little dated. The elevators didn't work. Sometime they did and sometimes they didn't. It got old have to walk up the flights of stairs. Being on deck 11 only one set of elevators went to that deck. Those didn't work half the time. The comedian even made fun of them. I would like to sail on a larger ship though.
Food was good overall.
The Jr suite I was in was good. The balcony was small though. Having two twin beds turned into a king bed was difficult to lay on. One of use was on the seam. The decor in the stateroom was dated also. Size was ok.
Most servers and bartenders were very nice. Our dining staff was EXCELLENT though. They were very good and I hope I can have service like that again. I did have an issue with some breakfast service in the main dining room but it was handled once I talked with the management.
I attended the art auction for both sessions. Michael was a great host and very informative. The shows in the evening were good. A few more options would be nice though.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
was interesting to see. I would recommend the bus tour and the shopping. All was good.
cozumel was good for shopping and walking around. Good bars to visit and let loose and have fun. Didn't get to do the shore excursion due to the weather.
Don't Miss: Senor Frogs