Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A fabulous cruise

Sail Date: April 02, 2011

I havent been on a cruise for a long time but I think that the shore excurions and the guest services personal left a bad impression on my husband and I. They seemed as if we were stupid when we asked about certian things. I found out that something I ordered on line wasnt with the carnival cruis line and when we tried to order something through them they acted like we were idiots. What I orders was the same as the other company but I wanted to make sure that I stayed with a group of the cruise line.
I did enjoy other aspects of the cruise where we had to interact with the staff. They were all very nice and polite. They are all very hard workers and go beyond the call of duty. I would recommand this ship to others and I plan on trying to book another trip with my children soon.

Pros: The time that it took to get on and off the ship, the food and the time that we spent during each meal. The service was great! They made you feel like you were all apart of the same family. I rerally enjoyed how the room service attendent left you little towel animals and left your room look tidy.

Cons: Didnt like the fact that since i didnt take along a pair of dress shoes that I was allowed to dine in the dining room but they still wanted you to leave the chef a tip even though you never had any of his dishes.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

I was very clean and the staff very well ordered. They made sure that anything that you wanted was there when you needed it.
we basically ate only on the lido deck and never in the diningroom. It was a great experience and you had an oppurtunity to meet all kinds of people
Loved the fact that i had a window this time around. The last time I was on a cruise all I had was a porthole.
the staff that t9ook care of our room was very nice and always stop to say hello
I loved the snorkling trip that was offered on my trip but I thought that it could have lasted a little while longer. I also understand that drinking is a big thing on some peoples vacations but since my husband and I are non drinkers I would like that that wouldn't be pushed so much.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Loved the Mayan Ruins, didnt think that there was enough time though at the beach. I felt like we were being rushed back to the boat.