Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Extended Family Vacation

Sail Date: August 16, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was not our first cruise but it was the first time on a Carnival ship. We sailed the Ecstacy out of Galveston after a five hour drive from Plano in the morning. We chose the 5 day cruise to Progresso and Cozumel and were not at the least dissapointed.

There was family drama that did happn but the staff at Carnival did a fantastic job going beyond the call.

I know this is a review about the ship but I would like to celebrate and recognize the outstanding staff on the Ecstacy.

My wife and two kids were joined on the cruise by my mother and father and my brother Jeff. My parents have cruised several times with different liners but it was the first for my Jeff.The evening of the "formal" night, we had such a great time dressing up and eating all the fancy food. It was a once in a lifetime memorable event for my brother but that is when it ended. The next morning we were all to meet on the Lido deck for breakfast but Jeff was no where to be found. We checked his stateroom and all the venues that he had talked about but to no avail so we continued our plans of shopping in Progresso and found Jeff under a tree in the market shopping area outside of the duty free shops. He was a bit disoriented and dizzy but still in good spirits. My parents took him back to the ship as he couldn't walk without falling. Upon arriving back to the ship and a quick lunch, my mother arranged for the ship doctor to give Jeff a lookover. Jeff has a history of brain tumors but nothing with these symptoms. The doctor expedited the removal of my brother and parents off the ship because what was ailing him was beyond the doctors or ship's resources or means.

The accolades of the service given by the staff of the Ecstasy come as a result of a few employees at the quest service counter. Barbara and her staff did well to recognize myself and my family every time we approached the counter in order to contact the hospital or hotel where my brother and parnets were. They would pull me out oof a long line to move me to a phone where I could call my fmaily and check the status of Jeff's health. I felt the care and concern that they showed and it wasn't just lip service of fake sympathy, I feel they genuinely cared about my family.

My brother is doing well now back in the states. He is not sure if he wants to cruise again but we will try to get him back on board after her fully recovers.

I appreciate the opportunity to share this with you.

Steven J McKimmey

Pros: Food got better and better each evening!

Cons: The attention given to the teens in our group

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

The ship really looks good for her age as well as all the amenities we up to date.
Need to have more direction and variety for the teens.
see above.
Food was plentiful,full of flavor and good variety.
Stateroom comfortable enough but who wants to stay in the room when there's so much to do and eat on the rest of the ship.
Good job Crew.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Better shopping/ hagglin prieces in Progresso than Cozumel.
Don't Miss: Everyone need to take the double decker tour bus ride. Only a coupleor three bucks and it will show you what else there is to see/do in Progesso. Where to shop and eat.
the shopping and eating in Cozumel weemed very comericalized. not very rustic or authentic. Go outside the mall and you'll see a different Mexico.
Don't Miss: Fury Catamaran. Not only was this this best and most organized activity on the entire cruise, malin the photography gave us the best photos for the money as well.