Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Value

Sail Date: January 27, 2007

The ship has been refurbished after lodging Katrina refugees, and they have done an excellent job. The beds are the best at sea. Far better than Costa, Princess, or Holland America. Best high quality linens also.

The dancing in Chinatown was great. Those musicians were wonderful. And don't miss Alex in the Neon Bar. He has great skill and a fun disposition.

The food in the Wind Star is excellent, and the wait staff was great. Anything that does not meet your expectations are handled immediately and courteously.

The nightly shows are quite good. Do not miss the violin/fiddler. The dancers are uniformly good. The vocals are somewhat difficult to hear for old ears, perhaps a bit better enunciation or a boost in the treble on the voice mikes would help.

Overall, a great trip. Cozumel has been redone since Wilma, and looks great. Progreso is new for me. The people were friendly and the prices reasonable.

I have recommended this trip and this website to everyone I have seen since I returned. I am looking forward to the next trip!

Pros: Great Beds! Great music in Chinatown!! Really good food in the Wind Star. FUN Everywhere

Cons: Limited salad selections, and fresh vegetables. We like lots of vegetable choices.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!