Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wonderful Cruise & Vacation, Great Price

Sail Date: July 25, 2009

We took this cruise with our 4 kids ranging in age from 5-18. We had two outside cabins. They were quiet, clean and plenty roomy enough. We had to book our excursions separately from the ship because of our 5 year old was too young for most of their excursions. Turned out to be a great deal. We had wonderful excursions at less than half the price!! The food was fantastic. My kids didn't do Camp Carnival too much but rather to hang out by the pool. The shows need a little updating as does the decor of the ship. One of the comediens was hysterical but the other was mediocre. No problems in getting on or off the ship. We did the soft drink card which was a bargain for us. All in all it was a great vacation.

Pros: Food, Shows, Service was all excellent

Cons: Excursions are pricey (and not much for kids under 5), boat decor shows age but was very clean

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Food was fantastic. There was more than ample variety and if you couldn't decide on an entree they brought you both!
Ship isn't the biggest there is. The decor is out of date but is not worn or dirty. It's heading to dry dock in a couple of weeks for updating.
Probably need more activities for the late teen age group.
I was a little disappointed in Camp Carnival. Twice when I dropped my kids off there the girl in charge was "fussing" loudly at the kids. My kids didn't stay that long there thought, they liked the pool better.
We stayed forward on the Empress deck. I was concerned there would be a lot of noise on this deck but there was none. It was quiet, clean, and very comfortable.
Our room steward was super and took did lots of special things for my little ones. Everyone was very friendly.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Not the best of ports. We booked a trip to the Reef Club resort from outside the cruise ship and that was fantastic but there were little choices. The town was poor. Not a lot of people who speak English.
Don't Miss: Reef Club Resort through Auto Progreso
So many things to do here. Again, we had to book acitivities through an outside company because Carnival doesn't do water sports for kids under 8. That's OK, we booked through Manta Sports and did a 3 hours snorkeling trip, then parasailing, and still fit in a quick lunch at Carlo and Charlie's. What more could you ask for? I'd love more time in Cozumel.
Don't Miss: In my opinion, you can't go wrong on anything in Cozumel, although it was very hot to have done the Ruins tours.